Nuun "All Day" Product Review

So I'm privileged to give you another Nuun product review. If you missed my first Nuun review make sure you check it out here. This time they sent me some of their Nuun "All Day" hydration tablets that are designed for you to sip on throughout the day keeping you fully hydrated and providing zero sugar, under 8 calories per tab, and a blend of A, B, C, D, E vitamins. There are a lot of folks that just won't drink much water throughout the day and as a multi-sport athlete - hydration is going to be key in the recovery process, so I thought I'd give them a try and let you know what I think.


I picked the Blueberry Pomegranate and Tangerine Lime to try out. Now usually I'm a little suspicious when companies advertise these ridiculous flavors like Cucumber Mint Dream (OK, I added the dream part) or Goji Berry Green Tea (actual Nuun flavors), but I must admit - I've tasted this before and it does have a hint of the Goji Berry in there...ha. No, in all seriousness though, the flavors I've tried so far really do taste like the name and they are very refreshing and quench my thirst.


Triathlon/Beer/Nuun
Perfect Combo!
 We are pretty simple in our household. We don't have soda or any soft drinks in the house. We basically have water, coffee, almond milk and beer (the essentials right??). However, after drinking water all day long at work, when I come home I'm always craving for something else to drink. Most of the time I grab a beer to quench that thirst. This can become an expensive (and not so healthy) habit..not to mention I need to wake up at 5am to train and do it all over again and who can only drink just one beer?? Nuun has been the answer to this problem of mine. And hey, if you still need the alcohol - no worries, Nuun has you covered. Check out their latest Happy Hour blog on some tasty looking Nuun All Day Cocktail recipes!


Filling up the water bottles and adding some Nuun

Now the thing that sold me on Nuun the most is that it is sweetened with Stevia (natural sweetener). We actually grow Stevia in our garden and my wife uses it to sweeten a lot of the things she makes for me and the kids. Nuun doesn't have all of the chemicals that often come with sports drinks and I can tell because it just settles well in my stomach. As I mentioned in my last post, as a triathlete these tabs are very convenient. I throw them in my jersey when I'm cycling and refill the nasty-turned-delicious fountain water on my long rides and I throw two in my Nuun water bottle whenever I'm driving down to a race or hydrating after a long pool session. So check them out when you get a chance. If you're local in Temecula - you can get them at my favorite sponsor, The Bike Shop. If you're not you can check out Nuun's Store Locator for a store near you or you can always go straight to the source and by direct from Nuun.

Happy Hydration!

1 comments:

Damie said...

LOL- I will try the cocktails. That is awesome. you lost me at "I grow my own Stevia."

Post a Comment