H2C training week 1

 Week one is in the books and it went as expected. It's never fun getting in shape. The runs feel terrible, energy levels are low, soreness is real and there's a constant mental battle to keep trusting the process. That's why this sport is amazing! It gets rid of the weak and rewards those that can push through mental and physical barriers.

Here's my stats for week 1:

5 runs, 16.1 miles, averaged 10:33 pace.

Best run was a 3.5 mile run at 9:20 pace which was at the beach. That run was cool because it's a perfect example to not trust your legs that first mile. I felt terrible and flat and then as the run progressed my legs came around and I finished strong.

Mission Beach Run

I wanted 20 miles for the week but ended up going on an impromptu camping trip with the fam. I'll take that over running any day!

This week I can already see a lot of improvement. Just went on a 6 mile run and averaged 9 min pace and last mile was 7:45. Fitness breakthroughs will happen quick from here on out. Up next is my first "race" in over a year! The Crown City 12k this Saturday in Coronado. This is just going to be a fun long run for me and my goal will be to just go 8:xx for 12k, get the miles in and watch Amy race for the first time in a LONG time for the 5k. Post race beers and a fun 4th of July weekend are in my near future! 

Happy 4th everyone, enjoy!








0 comments:

Post a Comment