"Hoppy" Holidays



If you're anything like me, you love the seasonal beers that come out during the holidays. I pretty much exclusively drink IPA's year round except for in Nov-Dec...I cut down my IPA intake and get my hands on some of the best beers the holidays have to offer. Some call them the "Winter Warmers." Although we still see a lot of sun in December in SoCal - it can still get in the 30's/40's at night which is my favorite time to open up a dark beer and let it warm me up. If you haven't already, get your hands on my favorites if you can:



Anchor Brewing "Merry Christmas Ale" Probably my
favorite during this time of year. Plus, who can't love
a beer from the oldest brewery in the US and the
only one to survive prohibition??

 
Stone's 12.12.12. This just came out last week. Get your hands on this.
It's the "final chapter" of this series and really is an "Epic" holiday brew.
Deschutes Brewery "Jubelale" They let a different
artist create their label each year...oh yea it tastes good too!
Left Hand Brewing's "Milk Stout" Tough to get your hands
on in SoCal but if you can, do it! Tastes like a milkshake.

Avery Brewing's "Old Jubilation Ale" This beer always brings me
back to when we lived in Boulder and could walk to the brewery. Great beer.

 
So now that I geeked out on beer, I just want to say Merry Christmas to family, friends, team mates and everyone that has followed along with me on this blog/journey. Make it a goal during this time to donate your time, spread your love and fill your mouth with good beer.

Cheers!

3 comments:

Destroyer Doug said...

Nice! I may have to print this out as a shopping list. 'Tis the season. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

runninggunner said...

I'm pretty much the same. Drink IPA's most of the year with the few odd CDA's and Sours. But absolutely love the winter warmers. Drinking a New Belgium Snow Day right now. Pretty sure it's my favourite.

James Adams said...

Cheers Doug! Gunner - Snow Day is definitely tasty :)

Post a Comment