2010

Can't believe it's already fall! I've been doing full on triathlon training now for about three months now and I absolutely love it. Like most people say when they find the sport later in life "I wish I'd found triathlon sooner." The good news is, a lot of the greatest triathletes in the world are in their 30's, and at 31 -I feel like I still have some time to be competitive.

The best thing I am finding out is that all of that muscle memory, pain tolerance and discipline I obtained from running competitively for 10 years is all coming back pretty fast! It's amazing how the body can respond and adapt to it's old ways with smart and consistent training.

As far as plans for the rest of the year, I really don't have any. I just want to build a great base for next year so I can compete. I've been racing with the BSK/Running Center team in the Dirt Dog Series this year and have been enjoying Cross Country -which I hated in high school and college. I'm just trying to get as much swimming and biking in as possible and I might jump in the Xterra 17k Trail run in December. I did one earlier this year when I was still fat and they are tough and steep! Great training, so I know what to expect next year for the Xterra triathlons.

So that's it, no more triathlons until next year --just some running races and big training weekends so I can get my swim and bike fitness ready for next year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment